Thursday, November 22, 2012

First Thanksgiving

Technically, this is the first Thanksgiving that I have celebrated! My parents have been away at this time of year ever since I've been around so this is the first time I got to participate in the rituals that are Thanksgiving.  I'm still a bit confused as to the origins of the day, but love the idea of spending time with family and friends and EATING ALOT!

First we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and saw Santa Claus arrive. That was pretty exciting. He's been pretty generous to me so I was glad to see the old guy return.



After a long walk to make us really hungry, we sat down with our dear friends upstairs, Yvonne & Jerry and had a nice Thanksgiving dinner. Gheez, you should have seen all that food!








My good friends, Henry, Gizmo  and I got canned dog food . . . a real treat, but I would have liked some of those mashed potatoes.












Now apparently, we are resting up so we can have some pumpkin cheesecake. I hope I get some of that.  We sure are blessed and hope you are all spending quality time with people and furry friends that you love too!



No comments:

Post a Comment